"To nourish children and raise them against odds
is in any time, any place, more valuable
than to fix bolts in cars or design nuclear weapons."



- Marilyn French




Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Start of a Family

When does a 'family' begin ? ...Engagement of the parents? ..After the 'I do's?...At the confirmation of pregnancy?...After the birth of the first child?
Whichever of the above mentioned you believe, The Roberts are now definitely a 'Family'.
Brief summary of the very beginnings....
Doug & I met in June of 2002- while we were both employed by Buffalo Wild Wings. We dated for 6.5 years before getting engaged on December 19th 2008 in New York City.
Rockefeller Center- 12/19/08
Doug and I were married On August 7th &8th ( 2 weddings....don't ask.) 2009 and what seems like instantly - we found out on October 31st of that same year that we were expecting our first child. ....



Wedding #1 8/7/09- happiest day of my life

11 weeks..Sunny lou-who
Much to the dismay of EVERYONE, Doug and I decided not to find out the gender of our baby. So he/she was known as "Sunny" or "Sunny Bee" to those around us. I had a VERY (knock-on-wood) easy pregnancy and only gained 29 lbs. Our original due date was July 6th 2010, and everyone was hoping for a 4th of July baby. But, in true Stone/Roberts (stubborn) and Dearing (..always running behind) fashion. Our little "Sunny" was late.....9 days late to be exact. I tried everything the books and internet told me to try to 'naturally' induce labor...except castor oil, no thank you.- But it was all for naught, our Sunny was perfectly content where he/she was.
3days overdue...trying to get my baby movin
My OB, Dr. Scott Harnsberger AKA my hero AKA best OB/Gyn on the face of the Earth AKA Harry Henderson's doppelganger- decided it was time to medically help me along and I was scheduled for induction at ParkRidge East hospital at 4am (yes, 4 am) on July 14th. Well to save the gory details..and too keep me from tearing up at the memory..I labored for 16 hours, pushed for 2hours ..and ended up having a C-section anyway. I had many many friends and the greatest family in the world there to support me...but it was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do...but it was all worth it because....

Carter's First Picture
...at 1:44 am July 15th 2010- Our World Changed. Carter William Roberts was born, our little boy, our son came into this world screaming at the top of his lungs. I have never seen my husband so proud or moved. After the "it's a boy" and Doug's true confession that he wanted a boy all along-  I laid there on the table thinking that life as I knew it would never, ever be the same.


In this blog- our goal is to keep our friends and family updated on our lives and everyday happenings as a family. Our new life with Carter is just starting and we can't wait to share the joys and tears with everyone. So please follow the link to the right and subscribe to our blog- we promise to keep it honest and hopefully, mildly entertaining :).

No comments:

Post a Comment